Signs You Need Foundation Repair
Problems with the foundation of your house can cause many other issues in other parts of your house and, if not addressed right away, can cause major problems. The most common problem we find is leaks in the basement. The foundation of your home is what holds your house together. If it breaks down, water can damage your home and the health of your family could suffer. This is because standing water can cause mold and mildew to grow on the surfaces of your home. Mold can even be airborne, making it easy to inhale. Mold and mildew can cause many health issues down the road.
Because having a safe and secure home is incredibly important, here are some signs you need foundation repair:
- Cracks in and around your house are pretty much a sure sign of foundation problems. These can be found in basement walls, drywall or plaster, or the brickwork of your home.
- Sticking windows and doors that have trouble opening are also an easily identifiable sign.
- Moisture and water leaking into your basement or crawl space.
- Puddling near the perimeter of your house.
Keep Gutters and Downspouts Clear
- Be sure all gutters catch water from the roof
- Make sure downspouts disperse water a fair distance away from the building.
- Assure the contouring of the ground on your property helps keep water away from your house. The foundation of your home is not designed to repel or resist water.
Foundation repair is vital if your home has become unsafe. Jerry’s Waterproofing can help. We can take care of any foundation repair problems you may have. Jerry’s Waterproofing specializes in professional and reliable waterproofing and foundation repair services.